Monday, April 12, 2010

ASM MEET

I had come down to Delhi for my monthly all India sales meet with dejection and compulsion. This state of mind was due to some recent happenings which made all the field staff hopeless. The hotel was fairly good but as always, it was very difficult for me to spend almost half of the day sitting idle in hotel room. I found the food menu very exorbitant so decided to have some light food and mineral water from outside considering the newly reduced daily allowance. But, I did not forget to take a good bath in swanky bath tub of hotel. I chose a rode side vendor for my mid day meal and spent almost 100 bucks. After having a quick nap, I decided to do some telephonic follow-ups and daily routine computer work to make myself free for late night BC party of ASM’s.

During the party, I realized that others were in more horrible conditions and it was expressive that all are in search of new jobs and just waiting for the right decision. Except me, since I have suspended the decision for few more months and presently I have devoted myself towards family affairs and personal fitness.

I came to know about one new thing- my colleagues think that I do not bother about what going around and keep concentrating about my work. Also, I am harmless to all, since I do not engage in petty politics at all. The truth is- I bother a lot like others but I can not compromise with the responsibilities I have been given towards organization’s goal. It is just not in my blood.



No comments:

The Plight of Indian Farmers:

Ever wondered, why someone who owns acres of land back in his village, opt for a slum dwelling in a Metro or even taking such a drastic step...